Tomorrow’s Fourth of July festivities, with all the crowds and fireworks noise, can be a little rough on pets. Shannon Anoia, owner of the local See Spot Run Pet Services, sent along a few tips to help make the day a little easier on your four-legged family members:
Keeping Your Pet Safe on & Around the 4th of July
Did you know that July 4th and the days leading up to and after Independence Day are a very busy time for local shelters? Pets often become frightened and frantic by the noise of the celebratory fireworks and run away from home or their owners to try to escape the noise. Keep your pets safe during the Fourth of July celebrations with these basic safety tips:
1. Skip the parades with your pets—hot temperatures can dehydrate your pets and scorching blacktop and concrete surfaces can cause severe burns to your pets’ paws.
2. Loud, crowded fireworks displays are no fun for pets—refrain from the urge to take your pets with you.
3. Frightened from the sounds of fireworks, dogs often hop their fences and bolt. Keep pets inside the house with a favorite treat or toy.
4. Keep the radio or television on for your pets to help mute the sound of fireworks.
5. Make sure your pets are wearing current identification tags. It can help reunite you with your pets should they become lost.
See Spot Run Pet Services wishes everyone a safe and Happy 4th of July!
Follow See Spot Run Pet Services on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/See-Spot-Run-Pet-Services/75383497792
Category: Holiday Events