Bel Air’s Vagabond Sandwich Company on Thames Street is recognizing ALS Awareness Month by donating the proceeds from sales of a burger it’s named for O.J. Brigance, a former Baltimore Raven who is living with ALS, to the Brigance Brigade Foundation. Here are the details:
Baltimore Area Restaurants Recognize ALS Bites! Throughout the Month of May
10 Bars and Restaurants to Join Forces with the Brigance Brigade Foundation in Honor of ALS Awareness Month
Baltimore, Md. – As a part of the organization’s lineup of activities to celebrate ALS Awareness Month during the month of May, the Brigance Brigade Foundation today announced that it is partnering with 10 Maryland bars and restaurants for its first ever ALS Bites! campaign. ALS Bites!, a month-long campaign to raise awareness and funds for people battling ALS, will benefit the Foundation’s mission to equip, encourage and empower people living with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease). For a full list of events for the month of May, visit www.brigancebrigade.org.
Each participating establishment is supporting O.J. Brigance, and all those people in their community fighting ALS, by pledging to donate the proceeds from one selected menu or drink item to the Brigance Brigade Foundation at the end of ALS Awareness Month.
For those looking to support the Foundation, as well as great local restaurants throughout May, come out and taste the Brigance Brigade-themed items at the following participating locations:
- Banditos Bar & Kitchen- The Sweet Lou Cocktail: 1118 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230
- Mad River Bar & Grille- The O.J. Sliders: 1110 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230
- MaGerk’s Pub- Black-Eyed Susan: 1061 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230
- Mother’s Federal Hill Grille- The O.J. Crush: 1113 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230
- Newk’s Eatery- Newk’s Q Sandwich: 1360 Main Chapel Way, Gambrills, MD 21054
- Ristorante Firenze- J. Cello Martini: 2 Hanover Rd, Reisterstown, MD 21136
- The BoatHouse Canton, Waterfront Grille- The O.J. Crush: 2809 Boston St, Baltimore, MD 21224
- Vagabond Sandwich Company- Brigance Brigade BBQ Burger: 111 Thames St, Bel Air, MD 21014
- Vida Taco Bar- LIFE ALS Margarita: 200 Main St, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Wayward Southern Bar & Kitchen- The Iron Horse Cocktail: 1117 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230
“We here at the Brigance Brigade Foundation know that ALS truly bites!” said Chanda Brigance, Co-founder of the Brigance Brigade Foundation. “We could not be more excited to have the support of these wonderful bars and restaurants throughout ALS Awareness Month, as we continue to try to raise awareness about this terrible disease and the people battling through it who need our help.”
When visiting a participating restaurant in May be sure to share your foodie photos using #ALSBites!
The Brigance Brigade Foundation, an organization that supports people battling ALS, created by former NFL player O.J. Brigance and his wife Chanda, improves the lives of people with ALS and their families by providing access to equipment, resource guidance, support services and research contributions. For more information visit www.brigancebrigade.org.
About the Brigance Brigade:
O.J. Brigance is one of the few professional football players to win both a Canadian Football League and National Football League championship, and the only one to do it in the same city, Baltimore, MD. Brigance joined the Ravens in 2000, helped the team claim a Super Bowl victory, and now works as Senior Advisor to Player Development. In 2007, Brigance was diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, a motor neuron disease and is determined to win his fight against it. Following his diagnosis with ALS, O.J. and his wife Chanda created the Brigance Brigade Foundation to equip, encourage and empower people living with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis); we strive to improve the quality of life for them and their families by providing needed equipment, resource guidance and support services, in addition to funding various research initiatives. For more information on the Brigance Brigade, visit www.brigancebrigade.org.