The Harford County Public Schools just announced that the majority of students will finally have their first day of school tomorrow, Wednesday, Aug. 31 with only 11 remaining closed as a result of Hurricane Irene. Here’s the information that was just posted on the district’s website www.hcps.org:
Tomorrow, Wednesday, August 30th, all schools and offices will be OPEN with the exception of the following 11 schools:
- George D. Lisby at Hillsdale Elementary
- Roye-Williams Elementary
- North Harford Elementary
- Youth’s Benefit Elementary
- John Archer Elementary
- Aberdeen Middle
- Fallston Middle
- North Harford Middle
- Alternative Education Program at CEO
- Fallston High
- North Harford High
School will also be closed for our non-public placement students.
ALL HCPS STAFF SHOULD REPORT, EVEN THOSE WHO WORK AT BUILDINGS THAT ARE CLOSED FOR STUDENTS TOMORROW.
- Gradual entrance for kindergarten will take place tomorrow (8/31/11).
- Pre-K will start on Friday, September 2nd.
- Early Intervention Programs will begin on Tuesday, September 6th.
Parents should expect some variations in bus pick-up and drop off times as we work through new routes this year. In addition, those students living on streets that remain closed may not have bus transportation tomorrow.